Thursday, May 10, 2007

First Couple Days in Texas


So Brandon and I got to Sugar Land late Tuesday night. Out first day here yesterday was pretty darn laid back and relaxed. We went for lunch with Dad and Terry at Ruby Tuesdays, and then they headed back to work while Brandon and I scouted out the little mall here. That pretty much made up yesterday.

Today, Brandon and I headed down to Galveston (an island in the Gulf of Mexico) where we ate lunch at Yaga's Cafe (which is where the photo was taken). I went to Yaga's my first time here in Texas and enjoyed it, so we decided to go there today. We had a margarita each (Brandon had to try a real margarita...lime, on the rocks because we only have those frozen fruity ones up in Vancouver, it seems). Then we proceeded to wander around Galveston aimlessly until we decided to drive back to Sugar Land, and here we are. The drive is only about an hour, which makes the trip nice and easy. (And dad has let us use his truck while we are here, which makes things really convenient if we want to go out while they are at work.)

Dad and Tree have informed us that we are going to San Antonio this weekend, which will be really cool. I wanted to go there last year, but we never did because we went to Austin instead, but I get to go to San Antonio this year! So that will be lots of fun. Apparently it's a really fun city.

Anyway, that's it for now. Later.

2 comments:

Matthew Stevenson said...

sounds like you two are having a good time. congrats brandon on trying a real margarita..though i think i like the ones up here better. I had a great citrus martini in yosemite though. I look forward to hearing about your great adventures

Anonymous said...

Are the margarita's Texas size?Sounds like you are having fun!
Love you lots!
Mom